Minister’s Response received 8 Jan 2018
WISPAU Formal Response to ACMA 3.6Ghz Regional spectrum selloff.
The Wireless Internet Service Providers Association of Australia, (WiSP-AU – www.wispau.org) appreciates the opportunity to respond to the ACMA requestRead more.
Press Release Government moves to ‘blackout the bush’ with 3.6 gigahertz spectrum fire sale
Wireless Internet Service Provider Association of Australia Government moves to ‘blackout the bush’ with 3.6 gigahertz spectrum fire sale NovemberRead more.
Government $1.9b sell-off may ignite digital bush “blackout”
The following story was published online in “The Land” on 24 Nov 2017. The Minister’s advisors have commented onRead more.
What does “Blackout the Bush” mean?
1. The ACMA is asking the Minister to terminate all existing 3.6Ghz licenses in Regional Australia, without compensation to theRead more.
WISP America Response
Fake Data from the ACMA? It is worth remembering that the FCC changes will only reduce the number of protectedRead more.
ACCC questions ACMA auction strategy.
“The value of spectrum lies in the economic and social benefits it can provide to citizens and consumers, not inRead more.
- To provide broad-based representation of the Australian Wireless ISP industry, both nationally and internationally.
- To enable the direction, measuring and reporting of overall industry strategies for consumer, government and industry stakeholders
- To broaden public understanding and enhance public regard and confidence in the Wireless ISP Industry.
- To provide a forum for members on technical and regulatory issues pertaining to the provision of complex wireless internet systems.